Under Sea Sahuagin Temple Map:
This 25′ high structure lies along the sea bottom in about 100′ of water carved out of coral and stone. The area around the temple is patrolled by 4 sahuagin (hp 11, 11, 15, 17) with 1 MM 157 3E, and 1 large shark (hp 42) MM 201 3E.
Upon sighting one sahuagin will return to warn the temple while the others go to engage intruders. The sahuagin will not attack immediately but will surround the group and attack at the first hostile intent. The guards at the temple entrance will close the huge double doors so that they are only slightly open and leave 1 guard to watch for the outcome of the patrol’s encounter.
1. The Front Doors: In front of the temple are a pair of 15′ high doors made of coral, this has been worked into an elegant design using several different shades of coral. In the center of the each door is a large nautilus spiral shell like design.
2. Front Entrance: This is the Main hall of the temple. There are 4 sahuagin guards with (hp 12, 13, 15, 18) 1 MM 157 3E, and 1 large shark (hp 37) MM 201 3E. In case of an attack or a warning by the outside patrol, 1 guard will go to alert the high priestess then the remaining guards before returning here.
3. Main Temple Area: This is the main worship area of the temple, it is dominated by a large stone altar and a very large golden statue of the shark god that the sahuagin worship. The golden statue is protected from erosion and damage by spells of preservation. It weighs 500 lb. and would fetch 10,000 gp. if a buyer could be found, a king or rich adventurers perhaps. It is unlikely your players will be able to get it to the top and if they do… chapter 6 will see that they do not keep it.
4. Decorative Hallway: This long hallway is inlaid with murals depicting the victories of the sahuagin against sea elves, tritons, and even surface dwellers. Evidently both the murals and this temple commemorate the victories of a long ago hero of the sahuagin people.
5. and 6. Barracks: These quarters house the day to day guards of the temple. They have beds of kelp and seaweed along with crude stone chairs and such. Several discarded fish carcasses litter the room. Those searching through the beds will find a pearl (100 gp.) hidden under one bed in room 5. These rooms are normally occupied by 12 sahuagin (hp 9, 11×3, 12×3, 13×2, 17×2, 18) plus the ones out on patrol. In case of a surprise attack there will be 6 guards in each room.
7. Captains Quarters: This room is occupied by the sahuagin commander, he considers this posting a punishment since there is little chance for combat or promotion here. He is one of the 4 armed mutants that occasionally appear in sahuagin society. Treasure: Carved sculpture (stone weighs 10 lb.) depicts some kind of squid like being, made of a greenish stone-value 100 gp. to right buyer.
7a. Armory: This small room contains weapons that the captain keeps under guard. It contains 10 heavy crossbows designed for firing underwater. 100 bolts, 5 tridents, 10 spears, 4 nets
8. Handler Quarters: These are the quarters for the shark handlers. There are 2 sahuagin handlers (hp 7, 8) who live here they will not respond to a general alarm because they “allow the warriors to take care of it”. They have no personal treasure.
9. Shark Pool: This large underwater cave (300′ x 300′) house the individual sharks who live with the sahuagin. These particular sharks have an odd reddish tint on their bellies. The sahuagin have decided they are hold creatures and breed them here for service to their shark god. They will not use the sharks for cannon fodder but if the guards are losing the captain or any of the priests will order the handlers to bring in the sharks to aid them. Sharks: 2 medium sharks (hp 20, 22) and 1 large shark (hp 49) MM 201 3E
Note: The shark at the front and on the patrol also stay here.)
9a. Secret Hatch: This is a secret door located in the roof of the temple, it is designed as an emergency way out in case of a siege. It is merely a loosened piece of coral block in the roof above the shark pool.
10. Lesser Priestess Quarters: This room is the quarters to 2 female priests (hp 15 each) who serve at the temple. They deserve individual quarters but the high priestess uses them against each other to keep her position secure. Treasure: Priestess #2 has hidden a magical charm under her sparse bedding. It appears to be a disk made of metal with magical symbols upon it. This is a charm type spell. It contains a 1 use spell of charm monster at 7th level casting. The disk acts like a scroll and a proper identify spell will allow its use. She intends to use this against her superior or the captain to gain control of the temple.
11. High Priestess Quarters: These are the quarters for the High priestess herself. They are more sumptuous then any of the other quarters. The room is dominated by a large bed made of stone but covered in seaweed and kelp. The room also contains and actual table and chairs also made of stone. Near the bed is a small personal shrine for her use alone. Treasure: in a container that appears to be a clam but is actually made of coral- inside are 4 small pearls (value 50 gp. each), a large copper bracelet that is beginning to turn green due to exposure (value 80 gp.), and a stone vial with a wax seal. This contains some kind of herb that is being kept dry in the vial. This radiates magic and duplicates the effects of a philter of love if eaten. The priestess intends to seduce the captain to increase her personal power and chance for more powerful offspring.
12 Cells: These rooms serve as holding cells or storage if there are no prisoners. There currently is one prisoner being kept here. A sea elf named Bryxin (hp 10). He was caught by a patrol and has been kept here to so the high priestess does not get bored, she abuses him. He will be very grateful to any rescuers but wishes to leave immediately. He will not be much help in his wounded state either. He speaks only his dialect of elven and a little bit of the sahuagin language he has picked up.
13. Storage room: This room should be entitled junk room, it contains all the things the sahaugin have no immediate use for. Items taken from captured prisoners will end up here, anything scavenged from a ship wreck may also end up here, even a few fish bones are here. With at least 2 turns of searching the players may discover The Mask of Conjuration it was in the belongings of the previous high priestess and the new one saw no value in it so it was placed here.
Gibliip, female sahuagin Clr5
CR 7; Size M (6 ft., 2 in. tall); HD 2d8+4 + 5d8+10; hp 56; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 18 (+2 Dex, +5 Natural, +1 ring); Attack +8 (+3 Base, +4 Str, +1 Racial) melee, or +6 (+3 Base, +2 Dex, +1 Racial) ranged; SV Fort +9 (+4 Base, +2 Con, +3 Racial), Ref +3 (+1 Base, +2 Dex), Will +8 (+4 Base, +4 Wis); AL LE; Str 19 (+4), Dex 15 (+2), Con 14 (+2), Int 14 (+2), Wis 19 (+4), Cha 12 (+1).
Languages Spoken: Aquan, Sahuagin, Sea Elf.
Skills and feats: Animal empathy +4 (+1 Cha, +3 Racial), Disguise +2.5 (+1.5 Rank, +1 Cha), Hide +7 (+2 Dex, +5 Racial), Knowledge (arcana) +9 (+7 Rank, +2 Int), Listen +13 (+3 Rank, +4 Wis, +6 Racial), Move silently +2 (+2 Dex), Perform +4 (+3 Rank, +1 Cha), Profession +13 (+8 Rank, +4 Wis, +1 Racial), Sense motive +6.5 (+2.5 Rank, +4 Wis), Spot +10 (+4 Wis, +6 Racial), Wilderness lore +3 (+4 Wis, -1 Racial); Craft wand, [Multiattack], Scribe scroll.
Cleric Spells Per Day: 5/4+1/3+1/2+1.
1st: cure light wounds(x2), curse, faerie fire, sanctuary
2nd: death knell, hold person, silence 15′ radius, summon monster II
3rd: dispel magic, prayer, speak with dead
EQ: +1 ring of protection, no weapons.
Captain Gluugrah: Male Sahuagin War 5
2E: A.C.4(5), HP 30, SA:4 arms. EQ: he is armed with Shark’s Tooth, a spear of exceptional quality and magical abilities. He is normally armor class 5 but if he has time he will wear his combat harness granting him AC 4. STR:17
3E: CR 6; Size M (5 ft., 11 in. tall); HD 2d8+8 + 5d8+20; hp 61; Init +3 (+3 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 18 (+3 Dex, +5 Natural, if he has time he will wear his combat harness +1 AC); Attack +10/+5 (+5 Base, +4 Str, +1 Racial) melee, or +9/+4 (+5 Base, +3 Dex, +1 Racial) ranged; SV Fort +11 (+4 Base, +4 Con, +3 Racial), Ref +4 (+1 Base, +3 Dex), Will +1 (+1 Base); AL LE; Str 19 (+4), Dex 16 (+3), Con 18 (+4), Int 18 (+4), Wis 11 (+0), Cha 5 (-3).
Languages Spoken: Abyssal, Aquan, Giant, Gnoll, Orc, Undercommon.
Skills and feats: Animal empathy +0 (-3 Cha, +3 Racial), Concentration +6 (+2 Rank, +4 Con), Disable device +4.5 (+0.5 Rank, +4 Int), Forgery +6 (+2 Rank, +4 Int), Handle animal +5 (+8 Rank, -3 Cha), Hide +8 (+3 Dex, +5 Racial), Intimidate +3 (+6 Rank, -3 Cha), Jump +12 (+8 Rank, +4 Str), Listen +8 (+2 Rank, +6 Racial), Move silently +3 (+3 Dex), Open lock +3.5 (+0.5 Rank, +3 Dex), Profession +1 (+1 Racial), Search +6.5 (+2.5 Rank, +4 Int), Spot +6.5 (+0.5 Rank, +6 Racial), Tumble +3.5 (+0.5 Rank, +3 Dex), Wilderness lore +2 (+3 Rank, -1 Racial); Improved unarmed strike, [Multiattack], Weapon focus (longspear).
EQ: Shark’s Tooth
Lesser Priestesses #1: Siirk Female Sahuagin Clr 3
2E: 2 3rd level sahuagin clerics. H.P.15 each. wis 11(10% chance of spell failure)
3E: CR 5; Size M (6 ft., 5 in. tall); HD 2d8+6 + 3d8+9; hp 38; Init +0; Spd 30 ft.; AC 15 (+5 Natural); Attack +6 (+2 Base, +3 Str, +1 Racial) melee, or +3 (+2 Base, +1 Racial) ranged; SV Fort +9 (+3 Base, +3 Con, +3 Racial), Ref +1 (+1 Base), Will +6 (+3 Base, +3 Wis); AL LE; Str 16 (+3), Dex 11 (+0), Con 16 (+3), Int 16 (+3), Wis 17 (+3), Cha 10 (+0).
Languages Spoken: Aquan, Sahuagin, Sea Elf.
Skills and feats: Animal empathy +3 (+3 Racial), Bluff +2.5 (+2.5 Rank), Disable device +6 (+3 Rank, +3 Int), Disguise +1 (+1 Rank), Heal +9 (+6 Rank, +3 Wis), Hide +5 (+5 Racial), Listen +9 (+3 Wis, +6 Racial), Move silently +0, Profession +4 (+3 Wis, +1 Racial), Ride +2.5 (+2.5 Rank), Scry +4 (+1 Rank, +3 Int), Search +6 (+3 Rank, +3 Int), Spot +9 (+3 Wis, +6 Racial), Wilderness lore +2 (+3 Wis, -1 Racial); Combat reflexes, Expertise, [Multiattack].
Cleric Spells Per Day: 4 / 3+1 / 2+1.
Lesser Priestesses #2: Sarret Female Sahuagin Clr 3
CR 5; Size M (6 ft., 1 in. tall); HD 2d8+6 + 3d8+9; hp 38; Init +2 (+2 Dex); Spd 30 ft.; AC 17 (+2 Dex, +5 Natural); Attack +7 (+2 Base, +4 Str, +1 Racial) melee, or +5 (+2 Base, +2 Dex, +1 Racial) ranged; SV Fort +9 (+3 Base, +3 Con, +3 Racial), Ref +3 (+1 Base, +2 Dex), Will +6 (+3 Base, +3 Wis); AL LE; Str 19 (+4), Dex 14 (+2), Con 17 (+3), Int 14 (+2), Wis 17 (+3), Cha 13 (+1).
Languages Spoken: Aquan, Sahuagin, Sea Elf.
Skills and feats: Animal empathy +4 (+1 Cha, +3 Racial), Disguise +4 (+3 Rank, +1 Cha), Hide +7 (+2 Dex, +5 Racial), Knowledge +4 (+2 Rank, +2 Int), Knowledge (arcana) +8 (+6 Rank, +2 Int), Knowledge (religion) +7 (+5 Rank, +2 Int), Listen +9 (+3 Wis, +6 Racial), Move silently +2 (+2 Dex), Profession +4 (+3 Wis, +1 Racial), Spellcraft +7 (+3 Rank, +2 Int, +2 Focus), Spot +9 (+3 Wis, +6 Racial), Wilderness lore +2 (+3 Wis, -1 Racial); Extra turning, [Multiattack], Skill focus (spellcraft).
Cleric Spells Per Day: 4/3+1/2+1.
Each have the following spells and equipment…
Spell List: Siirk, Sarrek
1st: bless, cause light wounds, cure light wounds x2
2nd: aid, bull’s strength, cure moderate wounds
EQ: no armor and only claws for melee.