Dungeons and Dragons Adventures provides resources for 2E/3E Dungeons and Dragons. We have 500+ 2E/3E adventures. Including NPCs, magic items, monsters, rules, tools, downloads, spells, and classes. We also create original adventures from our group of experienced writers.

Dungeons and Dragons Adventures
Tomb of Horrors
Dwellers of the Forgotten City
Web D&D Adventures


Living Sphere of Annihilation

   This creature is a lovely creation from "Return to the Tomb of Horrors" and one of my personal favorites. It is a moving, sentient, sphere of annihilation just as the magic item. It mission, to consume and terroize high level characters.

   The living sphere of annihilation is a globe of absolute blackness, a ball of nothingness 2' in diameter. A sphere is actually a hole in the continuity of the multiverse, a void. Any matter that comes in contact with a sphere is instantly sucked into the void, gone, utterly destroyed-- even wishes and similar Magikcs have no effect!

The way to kill it: Should a gate spell be cast upon a sphere, there is a 50% chance that the spell will destroy it, 35% that the spell will do nothing, and 15% that a gap will be torn in the spatial fabric, and everything in a 180' radius will be catapulted into another plane or universe. If a rod of cancellation touches a sphere, a tremendous explosion will occur as they negate each other. Everything within a 60' radius will sustain 3d4 x 10 points of damage.

This creature is copyrighted under Wizards of the Coast


Copyright 2001 Lambtech Enterprises. All rights reserved. Donate to D&D Adventures